Recently I been seeing “The dependency service or group failed to start” error when I was working. The issue is cause by a software name Softest or Examplify. Both software comes from a company call ExamSoft. These 2 software disabled all admin rights, including network and customisations of windows, in order for students to do their exams/tests on their notebook. But this error may not only happen in this scenario…
Below are the steps to resolve the issues.
- Open the Start Menu. Search for ‘cmd’, right-click and click ‘Run as administrator’. Type the following command into the elevated Command Prompt and press Enter:
- net localgroup administrators localservice /add
- net localgroup administrators networkservice /add
Quit the app and, restart the computer. Continue to next step if the issue did not resolve.
- Open the Start Menu and search for ‘Services’. Click and search the following services. Open the services properties and from ‘Disabled’/’Manual’ to ‘Automatic’..
- COM+ Event System
- Computer Browser
- DHCP Client
- DNS Client
- Network Connections
- Network Location Awareness
- Remote Procedure Call (RPC)
- TCP/IP Netbios helper
- WLAN AutoConfig
After finish setting all to ‘Automatic’, restart your computer and see if it resolve your network. If not, continue to next step.
- Open the Start Menu, search for ‘firewall’and double click ‘Window Firewall’. On the left panel, click ‘Restore Default’.
After doing these 3 steps, my student’s notebook managed to get their network back. It should also resolved your issues too. If not, please continue to explore more on google. Someone on the internet may be able to resolve your problem