This error is because your booted is corrupted. To resolve this error, we need to rebuild the BCD file. To do that, we need a boot up from a Window 10 installation thumb drive or CD.
Please ensure you are working on a correct boot up system (UEFI or MBR) before proceeding the boot repair.
This is workable whether you are using Window 8.1 or 10. Window 7 is not yet verified is this workable
- Boot from your Windows 10 flash drive or CD and then select the ‘Repair’ option.
- Open the Advanced options and then select the Command Prompt.
- Type Diskpart and hit enter.
- When this loads, type list disk and hit enter
- Type select disk 0 and hit enter.
- Type list volume and hit enter.
- Look for the small partition formatted as FAT32. In this case, mine is Volume 4 so I will type Select volume 4 and hit enter.
- Next, assign it a drive letter by typing assign letter=b: then hit enter.
- Then type exit and hit enter.
- Then enter the following commands, hitting enter after each entry.
- cd /d b:\EFI\Microsoft\Boot\
- bootrec /fixboot
- ren BCD BCD.bak
- bootrec /rebuildbcd (Type All if they found the Window OS)
- Restart the notebook.